Monday, January 5, 2009

Workout Buddies

I have had an unexpected amount of people contact me with the thought of exercising with me during the spring semester. So far, I have Sam, Erin and Joe as possible work out buddies and I would like to find a way to work with each of them. This may be a good idea because each of them will give me a different experience at the gym. Joe and Erin will be mainly running, Joe will force me to push myself, Erin it would be more relaxed...Sam at the gym will probably be on the machines (like the bike one) and I would go for longer than I would on my own.

This all sounds like a good plan, and I am not sure if these are all just people's resolutions, but I am very grateful that so many people want to do this with me because I don't have to go in this alone and I think that is what I truly need to realize in my works. I don't necessarily feel as though I am losing weight already (mainly people, like my sister, keep telling me), I know I am getting stronger though; it has become easier to do my push ups and other exercises.....my main goal before the semester, be able to do a real push up (this is especially hard because all my weight is in my top half...)

Only time can tell, but this time I am more determined and I am definably not going to put so much pressure on myself that I will give up. If it does not work out...it is okay...I will just keep at it. I have a 17 week a semester and I should be able to get really close to my 140 lb goal and then however much is left I can finish by the end of the summer maybe I could even get down to my all time goal of 135! Weight isn't really a concern at this point. I want to be in around a size 10 and maybe in the long run a 8 or a 6...we will see how my body ajusts to the weight loss an then I will make a better decision.

No comments: