Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Art and Life

I know everyone that is blogging today is writing on our new President, Obama, but I really don't feel like writing a redundent mess on my political views and how everyone should have mine because "they are the best." Screw that, I thought about it, and I am not a croud follower.

However, I will write on my progressions in art. I was looking through my Deviantart account and realized how much my work from this intersession has payed off. My most recent artworks, have been well made. Most importantly, I have taken my time on all of them and it is very clear in the outcome. Right now my focus is illustrations, I feel like doing this to things I already know of/read will help me be able to do it later.

On being an RA....I have pretty much given up that dream from this semester. I still don't know why housing keeps refusing me, but whatever. There is still one more day where I can be hired, but I am not planning the rest of my break over it. Joe is coming over to my house Thursday night and I really hope that doesn't get screwed up because I said I was going to help him.

I am still not really sure what I am going to do with him while he is here. While my parents aren't home it isn't really a problem, we can talk and hang out like normal, but with my parents around...it is kind of weird. I figure we can escape for a couple walks here and there...we'll see...

Wile we are on my parents, there was a HUGE fight last night that started out because I wanted Joe to stay until school started so we can take him and ended out being a full on attack on my sister. There were some things directed towards me, but clearly my mom wanted to use her as a scape goat. The issue in that plan, my mom was not expecting my sister and I to have such a united front. Normally we both fight our fights alone, but this time we worked it together. My sister has helped me out a lot this month, and I wasn't about to have my mom bash her helping me....

I think Joe feels bad, because this started with our discussion on him staying, but this was a well needed fight. A lot of things got out that were being held in for a long time. My parents finally verbalized their true fear, that I will end up married before I graduate college. They think that I will follow my sister's path, but it is not the path for me.

I do want time in the art field. I want to be somewhat successful, weather or not I stay home with my children will depend on how my life turns out, and how the economy holds up. I would still do art commissions, but they would be home based. I would really like to work from home at that point, I can handle going in a couple days a week though....

I don't really know, I had always wished to be a housewife and an hardcore artist. When I got to the point where I thought there was a possibility where I would spend my life alone, I never came up with another idea on what to do with a family. My plan B became how I was going to spend my life alone, with all hopes that I would find my future husband. Now, I can reevaluate my life again, my eyes are once again open to my future family and I have to blend both ambitions.

....Also, for reasons I can't express, life is complicated again.....not bad, but complecated....

No comments: