Tuesday, January 6, 2009

RA Position

I have yet to hear about whether or not I am an RA, but as the days go by I find it more and more difficult to believe that I have the position. This is really making me self conscious because it starts me on the "why am I not good enough" train. I sit wondering, in my second time around this process, why I still am not the right "RA material." Am I trying too hard?

I was recently wondering why the heck I have not even heard from housing. I was suppose to hear either way, and until now I have been optimistic on that could be a good thing. I also accidentally came across my RD's blog and read an entry on interviewing, which he posted a couple of days before my interview. I wish I had seen this before because it just may have given me an edge on the interview...at least I know I gave him some answers that should have stuck out in his mind.

I may call in a couple days...though I have not decided if that is the right thing to do. I do not want to be a pest like my mom keeps telling me I will be, but I also want a direct answer; even though it will probably be a no at this time.

The main question to myself came up earlier today. Do I keep my application and try yet again to be an RA in the fall term. I have thought about this a lot, and even though I am somewhat discouraged to do this again, I really want to be an RA. It isn't even about the money that I will save, I love my RAs and I want to be one of them.

>_<>_<

No comments: