Thursday, January 15, 2009

Thank You Uterus!

I think that my uterus has finally decided to be normal for once in my life. Sure, last month was missed during my finals week due date, but I am the closest to having a "normal" period than I ever have been. I had always been told heath reasons but after getting checked for everything under the son...turns out I have nothing wrong with me. I have also figured out many of the issues that have kept me from getting it before.
  1. Diet...well, eating habits. During all previous breaks and times at home I would go long periods of time with out eating more than one "meal" a day. I have put my body into starvation mode so many times, it is no wonder I had gained 20 lbs a year since I had started puberty. I have avoided this by forcing myself to eat when I know I am under 1000 calories for the day and I have also realized that I was/am not getting enough fiber and veggie based vitamins in my diet
  2. Weight...This seems to have started regulating itself when I had lost the first 10 pounds last semester. I had started the school year almost 20 pounds heavier than I am now...and I think it truly did help.
  3. Mood...I had been slightly depressed and under motivated. No particular reason, but I am starting to think it is how I am treated at home...point being, weight started coming off when I was in a better mood.
There are actually many points in these three that I have chosen. I am very excited for this because it means that I may not have trouble getting pregnant one day (which was honestly one of my biggest fears). So far I have had three periods in the last four months, finals week I didn't sleep or eat for almost a week and was highly stressed....so I understand why my body didn't do it. I am very content by my biological clock ticking right again.

No comments: