Monday, March 22, 2010

Training Conflictions

After speaking with my father about strength and training in general. I wonder if the program I have been training is the right one for me. Dad stressed the running every day if I am going to get anywhere and basically was telling me how much weight I have gained "since Joe left." Really I don't know what to make of this. He has very good points, but him and my mom then argued with my grandmother when she asked me if I had lost weight.

This weekend, and all my time at home, has killed my confidence in the program. Last week in general, where I have brought myself up to square one, makes me question if I am trying hard enough with exercising. I have made it so I need to lose more than the easy one pound a week...and I feel kind of down about it. I really want to do this, but I am not sure if it is working in this way.

I see three options:
  1. Start running every day. I can either do the program while doing this, or not. I do not hurt after my running sessions, so I can see this as a possibility. But the problem lies in if I hurt myself and if I end up getting myself tired of trying.
  2. Keep to the program, but doing the core exercises that I had originally planned for my off days (but never started). This is something that I was told I "should" be doing from the beginning, and it will give me the extra days of exercising while not killing my running muscles.
  3. Change nothing.
My biggest concern is still overwhelming myself, but I am finally getting to the end of that hump. I just need to remember to keep focus during times like this. Even though I know the exercising de-stresses me a bit, I still have trouble making myself do it. Maybe everyday will ease up, or maybe I should try and go further....T_T this really shouldn't be hard.

No comments: