This weekend was as close to a Design Marathon as it gets. I don't know if I have mentioned my philosophy of not working on Saturday before, but do know that it exists. Since college has began, I have been faithful to this; no school work will be done between the last class on Friday and sometime during Sunday. In this I got my one break during a long week, but this weekend it became necessary to work on these nights so that way I could get ahead on some projects both in and outside of school.
My Graphic Design has been my main priority. I have even more to prove now than I did at the beginning of the desire. Over time I have worked on my homework just a little bit so I will be right on my mark for Tuesday. I have also worked on a drawing for a butterfly contest, a poster for the Graphic Design Senior show, and the recommendation letter for my internship that I have been putting off for months. I also ended up sending the essay for my Junior Review that is coming up in a couple weeks, and good thing I did because I did not know it was due tomorrow.
I have so much going on, but I am determined. I will figure out what I am going to do about Graphic Design and I will not come out of my meeting with a failing grade. I need to do well, and this will just push me stronger into the graphic designer that I truly am. I feel like I have grown so much this semester, especially with time management and my design focus. I am pushing myself to achieve this, because of my goals for when Joseph is away. This deployment is a time I can use to better myself...and I will.
Speaking of bettering myself, I am going to go on a tangent regarding my running. I have made a between phase to do until I feel ready for phase 4 (which may end up being Thursday) and it is going very well. What I have been doing wasn't very good for me because I was starting to get very frustrated, but I feel better with this between stage getting me ready for the next phase. I am alternating 3 min of walking/jogging (after the 5 min warm up) and I hope this will help get me ready for the 5 minute jog I will have to do in phase 4. I am still worried about this step and my mind is almost making a block. For some reason I don't want to believe I can run that far...but really I can jog three minutes with out qualms.
Back to the focus of this entry, I have also met one of the girlfriends of Joe's unit. She had contacted me because we both go to UMass and her boyfriend let her know of my existence and I think she is as glad as me to find someone who "understands." She is in a much rougher position than I am, but I hope I can help her out by relating. I will probably meet up with her soon and Joe made a wonderful suggestion of getting another unit-mate's sister to join us. He refereed to it as a mini FRG for UMass and I am currently titillating with this good idea. Right now though, I am going to focus on fixing my current Graphic Design delema and we will see where time takes me later.
left behind
15 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment