Saturday, March 27, 2010

Down

I am feeling a bit down today because I have found out that I am, for all practical purposes, failing my Graphic Design class. This would not bother me if I had done anything to deserve this grade, but my Professor cannot get my disk to work with her computers and because I gave her a "blank disk" I have an automatic failure in Project 1 (of three). I have made an appointment with her for Tuesday morning and we will resolve this issue then. Right now I plan on keeping on the down low for my family until I find out what is really going on.

My main goal for Tuesday is getting that disk to work on a computer. I don't care how many I need to try because know it worked before I gave it to her. The only thing that comforts me right now is that I had literally done everything in my power to make sure that disk was working before I gave it to her. In turn there was absolutely nothing, in all of my power, that could have prevented this error. If I show her the disk working in the labs there is no reason for her to mark me down; worse comes to worse, my computer has records that I haven't touched those files since 30 minutes before this project was due.

Besides what I know and how I can fix it. I am really freaking out. This is one of my worst fears and if this cannot be resolved I am behind a full year. My professor is about to see a side of me that I normally ration for the course of the school year. I am determined to get into Graphic Design V next semester, and I will. I am just really glad that she had told me about this before hand, and that I will be able to prepare myself for meeting with her. I am also thankful that I was able to talk to Joe today and he made me feel better.

Another fear that I have is that this is going to get blamed on the deployment. I can honestly say it has affected my schoolwork at a minimum and the only thing that was an issue was getting back into the rhythm of school. I am there now and am willing to work through my cursed spring semesters. This is twice now, and a pattern that is a pain in my butt. I am really getting tired of this crap happening to me, but honestly....there is no reason I should lose this program. I belong in the Graphic Design program and I will fight for it till I graduate!

No comments: