Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Procrastination

It seems like lately I am using all my will to get my school work done. We have a take home midterm for Art History and words cannot describe how much I want to put off the readings that I have already put off all semester. The midterm is due Friday, so I have been baby-stepping through out the past couple days. I know I will really need to get cracking soon, but right now this pace is the best I can do.

Joe's schedule is also starting to come forward and I should be able to talk to him most days around midday. This is very exciting for me because I have an official estimate and it is during the day; on the downside, some of our conversations will have to be during my classes. The good news is, this is nothing I haven't done before. Seat crits on lab days means that I only see the teacher for a short period of time and I just look like the crazy girl talking to herself.

I have also been asked my preference on Joe's leave. At first I had told him I didn't care (which I honestly don't...seeing him is awesome enough) but after thinking it through I had told him I would prefer November if it has to be during next semester. A part of me is thinking that it is longer than I want it to be, but at the same time...November is our anniversary and if I hold out a bit longer than I had originally wanted to request I don't need to wait three years before we finally get to be together to celebrate it. It never really is important for me to do things on the exact date that they happen, but it never hurts. Also, this is within a few months of him coming home and I would imagine that being easier on me.

I will be smart about this though. I am fully aware how things end up working. Also Merphy's Law is never good for me in the short term. Wishful thinking brings me to my conclusions. There is also the fact that my original due date for me losing my weight was on our anniversary and, should that be when I see him, I should be close to done! With this timing, I will also not be able to procrastinate with the weight loss plan.

No comments: