Today I had attempted the Cake-In-A-Jar and it, as far as I know, has become a success! I have cooked one in a traditional mason jar and another in some jars that my dad gets peppers in. One thing I had noticed is that the cooking instructions did not work out well for my rum cake. It had stated to cook for 15 minutes less than the stated cooking time (which would have ended up being 5 min!) and I ended up doing, at least, four 5 minute cycles. The recipe I had used, substitutions aside is here. I am looking forward to seeing how it ends up on Joe's end.
Another thing I am trying is using tomato juice as a face mask. My pores have been really large lately and after searching for home remedies I have found that tomato juice should work, and it has almost an immediate effect. In case it hasn't been noticed already, I am a HUGE fan of home remedies and things from scratch. I find that there isn't always a need for chemicals; note that I am not saying I am oppose to them, just that if I don't have to I don't see a point. Anyway, I use a cherry tomato and cut it in half. I then use about half for half my face...today I added salt to exfoliate a little...let sit for 20 minutes.
In other news, I really need to get back on my running. I ran for a mile on Tuesday, which ended up being one of my shortest times but with an irregular pace. I baked for most of today and somehow managed to eat a lot of sugary things in my tasting mode...I didn't end up running, but I am hoping to tomorrow. I also need to find the source of me not really losing anything and if I do need to exercise every other day, than I need to find a core workout that suites me.
On the Joe front, I am very happy that I am able to make another care package for him. It is kind of a vent for me and it makes me feel like I am helping him while he is away. However, today has been one of those days where I miss him a lot. I can't wait till he comes and sees me, even though I have NO idea when that will be. Waiting really sucks, but I keep in mind how he makes me feel and that neither of us have a choice in the matter. I have worked day by day and we have already gone through two months! I am now at the "stage" where the deployment is suppose to be getting easier. Considering how I haven't hit it that hard yet, I am thinking things are going to be fine...or at least the same.
left behind
15 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment