Today I have had my first deployment video chat, and I must say it was quite enjoyable. It makes me so happy to be able to see Joseph's face again. It makes our conversations seem less distant. This time all of his roommates were also around, so I got to interact more with the guys in his unit. He also got my package today, and they all got to enjoy some sweets :D
I must say, the most joy I can find in this deployment, I find in the care packages. I like to imagine the smile on Joe's face when he gets it, when he opens it up. I also overheard him sharing and boasting and that also made me smile.
In case this doesn't show through in my writing, I am in a really "bubbly" mood today. I give the credit to midol and I am on the happier stage of my period. This is the day I am normally full of estrogen and joy...literally. Joe noticed this as well, but really I was more excited about being able to see him. I am really grateful for today's technology. I think about the times where the men and women would not hear from their significant other for weeks, and here I am talking to my boyfriend every day.
I am excited for when he comes home, and I pray that this mood lasts for a long time. Though, I do think this mood surprises everyone...including myself
left behind
15 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment