Today was the final farewell between me and Joseph until he deploys. Surpisingly enough, it seems that all that "positive thinking" crap that I have been working on is paying off. Not only was I able to leave Joe without crying, but I also seem to be in a really ok place right now. I feel like there are two paths in front of me, and I chose the one that will make this year turn for the better.
I see the goals I need to reach and all of the plans I have put into motion for this year. I will work hard and stay strong because I am pretty sure that is what is needed from me. Most importantly I will be there for my boyfriend.
Our goodbye time was strong. He comforted me with assurance that everything will be fine and he will be safe because my thoughts are with him. Thinking about this, I am putting my trust in his assurances and honoring them by being okay. I still wonder if this is a good decision only because I don't want people to think this means I don't care. I love Joseph and already miss him, but being upset isn't going to help me pass the time in the coming year.
I guess now...I wait
left behind
15 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment