Monday, June 29, 2009

First Day of Interning

Today has been interesting, though more of a first day as an illustrator than a Designer. I essentially spent the whole day thumbnailing and eventually drawing a header/PowerPoint side that will be shown in a cleaning company's presentation. I think that I did ok, though I did find my initial struggle with interpretating an idea. It all ended up working in the end, because I was still able to have a reasonable piece by 4:30, the ideal time to leave.

I was really worried because I ended up getting sick last night right before I was about to go to sleep. I had always wondered if hotdogs were one of my triggers and now I know. Though, the rules vary, I can eat them when they are grilled, it is the microwaved ones that are giving me issues. I ended up going into work 4 minutes late and exausted, because I just couldn't sleep and because the painting people were at our house and no one told my sister she should have been there.

My book, I am working on one day at a time. I figure if I can only get a page or a paragraph in during a day, that is ok. Some thing is better than nothing, and I charted all of my footnotes and had to rewrite some things that I had forgotten to add....any way, all things are running smoothly.

Finally an update on my computer. Apple apparently charges 16 dollars for the start up disk so now my mom needs to come up with something that I will "earn it" for. The harddrive is also not in my grasps yet. My mom has been researching like crazy, so I know my chances are still in reach.

It is these times where I hate the wait. The clock ticks and tests my patience, taunting me. However, my whole life is waiting and doing, so there isn't much to fight...

No comments: