Thursday, July 2, 2009

Internship Day 2

I have not realized how much I had been missing design till I have really gotten into this internship. I know the first day didn't go as magically as planned, but at the same time it went extremely well. What I am really looking forward to, now, is the actual designing. At the moment I am doing logo and menu designs and enjoying every moment of it.

The only problem I still face is that of communication. Although it is getting better there are things that I ask that would best be made from designer to client. It is working this way that I am really grateful for my internship. I am really learning how to work without a professor's guidance and I am seeing first hand how, just because it looks nice and you like it better, it may not be what the client is looking for.

I really think the weirdest part of all of this is, I am enjoying the logos with typography. Now I am not saying I have transformed into this typography loving student, but I see how much more fun it is in practice rather than in study. Tomorrow will be the end of my first work week and I will hopefully already have a logo done! I also have an illustration that I should really finish up now....

More exciting news is Joseph is coming in tomorrow night. My forth of July will consist of suit shopping, the wedding and maybe a movie. I would really prefer to play this day by ear, lessen the anxiety...anyway, I hope to be able to get some pictures out of it. In the most socially non-awkward way possible.

Until then!

No comments: