Two days ago I had finally heard the date of Joseph's deployment. At the moment, I have 179 days before he goes to his training in Indiana and eventually to Kuwait and one more step closer to making his departure real. Still, I feel most days I should be able to get through without an issue. I just need to continue to keep my focus on the main goal, which is when he comes home...
The only thing that really scares me is the chance of not seeing him that often. I know this is an impractical fear, but I miss him. When we had UMass as an option for meeting, things were easy, we both lived on campus and we could see each other as much as possible. Now, who knows? His coming early during drill weekend has a likelihood of not working every month, so how long will it be before we can finally see each other regularly again?
This is going to be an interesting next couple years, and I can only wish for the best. I have so much planned for Joseph, with care-packages and other things we can do. When I have his return date, I will have a count down to when he comes home. That is what I am looking forward to most, because this countdown of time we have left is about to get depressing...
left behind
15 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment