As I had mentioned before, Friday night I picked Joseph up from the airport so we could go to the wedding Saturday evening. Though, just like us, we ended up having a very eventful weekend.
Joe's hour and a half flight ended up only taking about forty minutes. One of the better events of my weekend, we then had time to see the Transformers 2 movie, that he really was begging me to watch with him. We were able to make the last showing and ended up coming in around 1 and we slept much later. Planning to wake up around 10 my mom had woken me up around 8.
With lack of sleep we started our day. I was soon informed that this wedding at 6 we had to arrive around 4 and it would be best to show up at the hotel earlier so we can get ready there. There was also a shower at 12, issue being we still had to get Joe a suit and I still had to decide what to wear. Long story short I ended up wearing a black dress and we arrived at the hotel around 3.
When there we hung out with Joe's sister and brother and then started to get ready. I ironed Meg's hair (with a regular iron, skill learned from Jackie) and then everyone started heading to the wedding site around 4. Joe's step dad on the shuttle, Joe's sister with the aunt, and Mike, Joe and Me in the car.
The wedding was at this huge garden/historic area, I will have to look up the location, and it was VERY nice looking. I ended up not taking pictures because I didnt' want to be the crazy girl with the camera, but now I regret that decision. Every one was very nice and I even ended up in all the family pictures. I was very glad that his family had accepted me even though Joe and I have only been dating for 8 months (almost), and I had a great time.
Towards the end of the night was my issue. I was getting tired but ignored it, I really should have forced myself to drink more caffine, and I ended up driving to the hotel exausted. That was even the easier of the rides. I had given Joe the job of making sure I would stay awake during the drive home and also called my mother to let her know that she would be on call should I find myself unable to drive any longer. I would rather have her pick me up after I got as close as I could than have me get into an accident. Joe had bought me a couple Monsters and I ended up being able to make the trip home.
It was really scary driving at night in full exaustion. I wasn't even that tired, though this would have been a trip where I would sleep the way home. I really freaked out, but I knew what I had to do...story of my life....we ended up back at one. However, Joe needed some laundry done.
So at four o'clock I ended up getting to sleep only to wake up again at 630 so Joe could be dropped off at the airport. I am still exausted, but I know Joe is having a worse time with this. I was able to go back to sleep, but he has summer camp. At the same time, I haven't been sleeping much and I have pushed my body really far again.
And on that note, I am exausted again and still. I will have to write about my internship tomorrow after I go in. However I am going to be more tired tomorrow, I was really hoping to sleep in, but they need me.
Also, good luck tomorrow Carol! Your first day of Camp!
left behind
15 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment