Monday, July 27, 2009

Lost Connections and Small Doses

Have you ever had that one person that has always annoyed you, but you still saw them just about every day of your life. You are drawn to them, not out of favor, but of habit. It is hard to get away. Soon you may realize that that time apart has made the time together more bearable, maybe even better, but has that time apart made you closer or have you just realized the secret of your friendship.

I have noticed the difference in some of the people I hang out with. Even though I can talk to anyone every day and be ok, there are still some people that I should only take in small doses. In doing so, I can retain a friendship while still staying sane. I really hate being pissed off, but sometimes it happens when I see certain people too much.

On an unrelated note, I also finally got ahold of Ashly today. I think it has been almost six months since I have gotten a hold of her last and I am happy to say she seems to be in a better place. When she first moved to Arazona she said she was ok, but she never really seemed it. She did not do any art for such a long time (coming from a former "art major" in the career center that is a big deal) but now it seems that she will be going to art school and finishing up her school.

I miss her a lot and I really hate it when I don't get to see people for this long. I still have the eco in my head of that time many years ago where she asked me if I really thought we would still be friends when we were thirty. Burning bridges hurts me, and even though I realize it may be nececery at times, these are still bonds that I created.

No comments: