Thursday, July 23, 2009

Intern turned Designer

On Wednesday one of our potential clients came to Omnia Agency and we all took our positions wondering what was going to happen next for the company. Everyone was in the office and suddenly things were coming together.

Long story short, the meeting went well. They are now uber potential clients, if not fully decided clients and I heard my Gail and Stacey (my bosses) speaking of them now needing to hire a designer. When it was first brought up, their was a slight pause, then they came to me. I was offered the position with the first option of quitting school, but even without that as an option it seems that they are willing to work arround my school schedual and let me work their part time.

This is an awesome opertunity and the only issues I will see is regarding the time it is going to take for me to travel. My mother made an excellent point today in saying that it is actually going to be like an hour both ways, with school and everything else, I don't exactly have two hours every day to drive to work.

Solving this issue, tomorrow, when we speak of this again. I am going to present the Idea that I come in Monday mornings, before class, and then telecomute for the rest of the time. This I think will work best mainly because that travel time I can now spend designing. Even now, many of my rivisions have been made via email and I don't really need to be there when I am there. As long as we frequent our comunication. This could definably work and I really hope it does.

I start my Jr year of college in the fall and now I again see how everything happens for a reason. If my Typography teacher hadn't marked me absent when I was in class, messing up my grade, I wouldn't have had such a drive to prove my worth. If I was an RA I would have never considered and internship, same would have gone if any of my other jobs had called me back. I really do need to give thanks and hope for the best in my future.

I see what I want and I am going for it!

No comments: