Wednesday, June 25, 2008

JOB!!!

I still really like where this dress, that I am making Abigail, is going. I still will not post it until it is finished because it is too much of a crop job for me to handle. My only wish is that I was more careful about it because it is really becoming a nice dress that fits Abigail. Sure Kristen May believe it is "Amish gone wild" but I am growing very fond of it.
Also, I called the man from that glass company today to find out what I should be planning for. Luck was on my side when he didn't answer and I left my first error free message. I was actually pretty proud of my clear voice, but I still didn't answer when he had called back, but my plans changed when he called me earlier.
He was really interested in my work, but he was concerned that there wasn't a lot of jewelry pieces. I told him I had done a lot of bead work in high school and I planned on learning what I needed to learn over the summer. He stressed the importance of the work looking professional when it is completed because the glass is very brilliant.
Another cool story behind it is, the glass is from an old factory that burned down. A bunch of old women got together and dug up all of the pieces. They polished and plan on helping me in whatever way they can. I am really excited because this will be a wonderful experience for the possibility of jewelry design. Also it will be yet another skill to add to my resume/portfolio.
And in the last bit of news possible I AM GETTING A HELLO KITTY CREDIT CARD!!! Also, possibly, a visa check card and check book....oh yea!
Things are looking up again!

No comments: