I was looking through my bookmarks (in order to organize them) and I found a couple of blogs from last year or so that I had been interested in reading more of but never got a chance to do it. The really cool is they are also supported on blogger and now I can add them to the things I watch.
The first one is "Unbelievable Stuff." the first post I read was about the five year old girl in th 1930s who got pregnant at the ripe age of five (and had been having regular menstral cycles since the age of three, to give more info if you click the link her parents had thought it was abdominal bleeding...I may or may not have googled it some time later). I really look forward to reading more about these things as time goes on.
The second blogger is "Extra Ordinary Things" I can't exactly remember what I was reading with this one but there are a lot of really cool things on this site. Though some of the more recent postings are a bit risque.
...
In other news my dad really ticked me off last night, mainly because he wants me to have a job but doesn't count people who want to hire me (ie babysitting) a job. Also he isn't respecting the fact that my art is my work and that the things I am doing now are the things I am going to need for the rest of my life. I don't believe my parents understand the art field because they keep telling me things that are not necessarily true (Like saying Japanese is useless to me) and listening to all the things that he said, I now understand why I spent most of my artistic life uninspired.
I was told on National Portfolio Day a couple of years ago that I was really good but there was nothing behind my pictures. It felt to (I am guessing the UMass professor) Bruce that I had no passion and I didn't know what to say about that. Art is a part of who I am but I cannot really do what I want with it. It was always either too messy or it was money that wasn't going to be spent.
My dad was saying that you can still make great artwork if you are uber clean; I disagree with this. It came up when I said work comes out better when you get a little dirty. My dad went on saying how his father could paint a window with a four inch brush cleaner and faster than people could with a one inch brush and he was spotless and....so much more.
I still disagree, there is a HUGE difference between painting art and a window. My best drawings I came out with a little bit of charcoal on my hands.
left behind
15 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment