Wednesday, June 18, 2008

27 Dresses and Shimigami no Ballad

27 Dresses was a very cute movie about a woman named Jane and her apparent struggles with love. This movie was both very interesting, though at times, very predictable. I really enjoyed watching and it was a true chick flick (in fact we had to kick the boys out of the room a few times!). The only problem that stood out the most is one of the deleted scenes was in the first trailer...I don't know why but that really bothered me because it really made the movie so much better. It was a big love mess which was really emotional but fun to watch.

Shimigami no Ballad I have not seen much of the actual anime of but what I watched was the first two episodes of the live action version. Surprisingly, unlike Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, it did not have a huge Power Ranger affect (monsters and fight scenes). The live action show followed a good story line and looked surprisingly realistic for what it was. I enjoyed the two episodes I watched and I also found them very moving.
At the beginning Momo gets introduced as the "eccentric" shimigami because she has a white appearance and is "A class." later we find out she seems to be the only one with a true soul (you will know what I am talking about by seeing it)
I found this show by accident looking for the Death Note movie, which I have only seen half of and still haven't found, but both of these are superior in the live action and are well composed! Though if anyone hears of the Death Note movie in English, please let me know because it will make my life slightly easier!

No comments: