Monday, June 23, 2008

Eventful Days

Today I had a plan to do nothing but relax and hang around the house, but I ended up doing a really cool portrait instead. I had written, as a comment, on one of Gwen's facebook pictures that I was going to draw her. I saw this picture and it was cute so I saved it on my computer and waited until I felt like drawing.
I woke up this morning looked around for food, and after I finally found some cereal to eat I was going through my stuff and had an urge to finally draw that picture (above). This is really good because I can't really use my site for portraits until I have a good amount of examples, so I am going to keep practicing on my friends and family. Maybe I will even draw a celebrity or two.
The real hight-light, more of a climax, of the day was right after I set up my stuff to play DDR my dad came home and really flipped out. I mean it would be understandable if when he said "Take it off the TV your mother doesn't want it on there" and I didn't listen, but I got yelled at for not listening when I was unplugging the system. I am really not happy at this because he clearly came home angry and took it out on me. I am still really angry, but I am calm enough now where it won't affect me.
In more news Samantha sent me a language learning website that I find very helpful. You can sign up for free mini courses and practice and then take tests for yourself. It is called Livemocha.com and I did my first two Japanese lesions last night and it really helped with some of my sentence structure questions. The only issue I have, which is actually a good thing, is you have to figure out how to write the sentences on your own because they just show the sentence, and if you ask it will tell you what it means. though I did find it cool that they wrote some things in kanji and I had to figure out the simple letters just by listening.
Though we will really see how helpful it is when I finish my 50 "class hours." I just hope I can still keep up when I start my Children's Lit. class next week!

No comments: