Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Phase 3

I had started phase 3 of Couch-to-5k on Thursday, but because of the gym schedule, ended up making this week with MWF being my running days (normally TRSun). However, this time frame will be back to normal next week.

For the first time in the program I am actually struggling a bit. I can run up to the second set, which starts off with a 3 minute run. Although I can do every other part, I can only get two of those three. Today's factor could have been from the last 60 seconds of a 90 second going at 6.5...but I really couldn't help myself. I am not too concerned, but I do believe that I will be on this phase through next week. I just hope I am not upset when Thursday comes and I do not start a new phase!

Kristen is telling me that I am still going too fast and if I just slowed down that I would be able to do what I am struggling with, but that just feels dirty. I am really comfortable jogging 5.2 to 5.5 mph (running at 6.5) any slower and I feel like I am just bouncing in a walk. I could work through this comfort issue, but the only part that bothers me is that I haven't gotten to the next phase as quickly as I would have hoped. I still need to remember I have plenty of time. I don't need to be able to sustain a 2 mile until spring break (if that) and I don't need to sustain a 5k till June. My main focus is being able to run City Park by the time summer break comes along. At that point, I will no longer have the gym.

Weight wise, I am right on track. I have had a bad week calorie wise, but it isn't an important count for me. Yesterday I weighed in at 188 and even though I want this to lose faster, I do want to do it in a healthy way. I want to lose about a pound a week. Under a 50 week plan, I should be done by November. At that point I will work on refining and finding my natural body weight.

I am really happy with myself for keeping with my focus. Today I am finally feeling really good again. My designs are a reflection upon this, however I am still VERY behind on Graphic Design and still have much work for Typography. These classes were clearly not made to be taken at the same time...and I am not happy about having to retake a class that I did fine in! I thought of using this negative drive, but really I need to look at this as a learning experience...and do the best I can!

No comments: