Ever since my time donating with the Rhode Island Blood Center, I have been hesitant to donate blood. It was an overall bad first experience; they blew out my arm and the woman was very rude to me about her mistakes. Because of this, I had been trying to decide whether or not I was going to go to the Red Cross blood drive at school. I decided to plan my day as if I were and it turns out I was dedicated to donating. The Red Cross did a magical job. They were patient and understanding, but most importantly...they stuck me right the first time excellently.
Another accomplishment of today was during my running. As you know, I am working on couch to 5k and on phase 2. During this section I am unsure what to do for the left over minute (5 min walk, then 90sec run/2 min walk for 20 min); the last few times I used this for jogging. This time, I decided to mix things up and jog at 6.5 mph instead of my normal 5.5...I was happy that I made it through the entire minute and didn't even feel tired!
Overall I am happy. I am also glad that I am going through a good patch of time again; I really do not like the bad times. Now I just need to get to emailing a whole bunch of people to find out what is going on with arrangements I have made previously. I look forward to my time passing quickly again.
left behind
15 years ago

1 comment:
Hi Kat. My name is Scott Asadorian and I am the Chief Operating Officer at the Rhode Island Blood Center. I am sorry to hear about your experience at our organization. I'm glad that you were able to donate and enjoyed your experience. Hopefully if you ever have an opportunity to donate with RIBC we will meet your expectations - this is what we strive to do with every person we meet.
Post a Comment