Today was the day where I have made my first mistake on the road (alone) when I actually got yelled at by the other driver.
I was sure I had made a mistake right after I took the action, but I had already started changing lanes so I knew it was too late. The other car that would have been behind me changed lanes because what I didn't notice (or think of) was the light in front of us changing from green to yellow. So upon making my lane switch, I had to slow down soon after....Giving the couple pulled up behind me at a pretty fast speed before they switched over, I had done a big no no....and...I sat waiting to get yelled at. I knew it was coming....
I had unintentionally cut them of and was sitting, just staring infrount of me as the man in the passenger seat was yelling....I still don't know now if he was talking directly to me or to the driver but I was freaking out a little bit.
I know this is no excuse but I have only had my license for a year and really didn't start actively driving until a couple of months ago (and a couple of weeks alone). Though I am glad that I got yelled at because if they didn't yell at me I wonder if I would be as careful next time not to do it again. Even though I knew I did something wrong wile driving, would I have reacted the same way if I didn't get yelled at.....
I am still a little buzzed from it and was really glad when some one pulled in front of me when I was going towards the second light.
So that is what I learned today....Pay more attention when switching lanes....though the ride home was more fun because no one would let me over till I was almost at my street...though I was not in the way that time because of the fact, the guy behind me probably got stuck at the light and gave me just enough time to do what I needed to....
That was the big event.....I will talk on the shower later....hopefully I won't forget!
left behind
15 years ago

2 comments:
Wow. I didn't realize you'd been driving lately. That's great! As far as first mistakes go, I'm glad that your mistake was something not so horrible. At least you didn't switch lanes and side-swipe someone.
The first time I got yelled at it was because I made a left without seeing the guy coming from the right. I remember when he yelled at me, I was so embarrassed! He actually followed me to the supermarket just to yell at me. However, like you said, in a way, it's good that they yell because I might not be so careful the next time if not for that embarrassment.
It hasn't really been driving laity....more like talking my mom into letting me get milk....
I was really lucky that that person was paying attention and switched lanes because even though they were pretty far away they were coming up fast!.....
It was sooooo.....bad......ahhhhh....I had to give myself a pep talk the whole ride home!
Post a Comment