Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Anxiety

I have found myself again filled with the anxieties that surround my teeth. I still have three stressful weeks before the semester is over/ I have my appointment (which still needs to be made) and I can only pray that I don't destroy the temporary fillings by that time. I know I need to "grow up" and be able to handle the dentist, but it is one of the only things that really scares me. It is an irrational phobia and I pretty much will have it for life.

The only thing that I am focusing on is the fact that I will be seeing Joseph afterward. I am hoping that, with a focal point, I will not be so worried about going to the dentist...and hopefully not be as scared when I get there. I just have to keep telling myself that the hard part is over, all they are doing is finishing up the job. The real issues are what is going to happen after Joe leaves?

I have been searching for a job for the past couple weeks that will, at the least, cover my summer tuition. I know for a fact that I can't just sit around all summer doing nothing (not including my school work) and it is becoming more of a necessity that I find a source of income. My real concern is that the Warwick Mall ended up being flooded a few weeks ago and now I have a guess that all those people will be out of work for a while. The scarce jobs around, from what I can guess, just got worse. I just wish there were more summer internships (and that they paid) or at least more freelance opportunities in either Illustration or Design.

No comments: