At the moment, I feel use to not hearing from Joe for a few days at a time. However, I have yet to decide whether or not this is a good thing. Of course, I had just talked to him yesterday so I could feel completely different tomorrow, but at the moment I am content. Not ecstatic, just content. Really I am just spending my free time drawing and designing and I have finally finished the overall redo of my website, now all that is left is coding.
Contentment feels dirty to me. I know I miss Joe, but for some reason I want myself to feel it all the time. I still want to feel ok, but a part of me worries about something that will never happen. Overall, I still can't wait till he can visit...I don't even care when at this point. What I am worried about is how this will affect me after he is gone again. I know I am going to need to relive some of the stages that I have gone through, but luckily at a quicker pace.
It is hard to believe that 3 months have already gone by. This still doesn't feel like the longest we have been apart, but that is forgetting the couple days we got to see each other during our last stretch. As much as I don't like this, I know it is only going to make us stronger at this point. Our relationship has beaten the first hump of deployment so it is safer than ever to say we are going to be fine. Also, I am kind of glad I get to see him at the midpoint (or close enough) I will have a week with Joe and then only a few more months until he is back for good... and the point of the unknown begins.
left behind
15 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment