Again I find myself applying to become an RA for UMass. At this point, it is more out of habit than the original want. It is strange to think each time that I apply I both care less about getting the job, but also feel more confident. I did realize I did not hand in a completed application last year, there was a small section on this year's about putting a photo of yourself on it...wish I knew that sooner.
I wonder if I should keep trying, really I want to release the burden that housing is putting on my family. It would take away some of the stresses I am having, and also, keep me busy next year.
I need to remember to not be as distraught this time around. I go in expecting to not get the job, but soon my hope fills, I swear though, I will get the interview right this time. It seems as though my only issue may be the fact that I am a bit of a quiet talker...so all I should have to do is speak loudly at the interview. That I can do...
The good news is I will either find out by the middle of January or not at all...so I don't need to worry about a rejection letter AND if I do get it, it can brighten up my intersession. I know this whole deployment isn't going to really effect me until January, but I want to be able to pull myself together (should I be as depressed as some sources claim) by the time school starts again. As long as I am functional I will be okay.
Again I have RA focus time....I would say I will also apply next year, but this is really my last shot. If I don't get the job before my Junior year is over, I may as well stop. The rollover application does no good senior year. By that time I will be done with school!
left behind
15 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment