Sunday, November 15, 2009

Drive

I find myself pushing harder than ever to keep my drive for the school year. Even in taking two studios and two non studios (oppose to my normal 5 studios and 1 non) I am drowning in my work. It isn't even that I don't have enough time, I am just struggling to get to some of it.

I have been pushing all of my efforts to my design work. I want to do well in the design classes which are expecting more from me by the minute, but mostly my Business Communication class is taking up all of the time that I need for my design work. We have a 12 page (single spaced) FAR report due in under a month. and because our teacher wants us to be on top of it (a wise decision considering my current state) I need to have ten of those pages done by Monday...I may or may not already be behind from last week's five pages due.

Mainly my issue has been research, if I knew what I needed to write I would have no problem getting to where I need to be, but this is something completely out of my league. I feel like there are things that should be in there that I have not even heard of, mainly creating a strong enough backing is my issue, they want financial, but I don't know where to start. Mainly I am going to work with what I have and make my statement inconclusive for now.

As far as design, I have my books due next week and the craftsmanship needs to be magical...not even mentioning I haven't started the packaging that I had been looking forward to, I don't even know if I am going to have time. The more I am thinking about what I need done the more I keep staring at the work and not doing it. I know this a bad system, and I am working through it.

I don't even want to think about the things I have due for Tuesday, I feel like even though I know I procrastinated, I didn't too much. I do need a break, especially while my brain is already (what I call) melting. It seemed much easier when I was burying myself in work right after Joe left for AT, but now I am thinking I have pushed my thoughts too much into school where I now burned out a bit...this is a balance I am going to need to work out for next year. Too much of this can apparently be a bad thing!

No comments: