I tell you what, making a club is a lot more effort than I had originally anticipated. It isn't hard work, just a lot of tedious documentation because we are the first group in charge, but I look forward to a success in Figure Drawing Club. We have so many plans for models and a draw-a-thon, but at the same time there are a lot of University policies to check that I had not even considered. Overall, I am glad I am doing this. It is nice to start something and I know I am laying a foundation for a more active Fine Arts Department. Lets not even mention how this will look on my resume.
I am almost afraid to speak too soon. We are doing all of this work and I have a fear that SAIL is just going to decline our groups recognition and I really hope this doesn't happen because so many people are excited. Drawing classes aren't always in our schedules and there is always room for peer improvement. Academically I hope that this group helps the University's fine arts. As a future graduate (2011) I know a lot of seniors that wished this opportunity to draw had come sooner.
left behind
15 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment