Friday, July 16, 2010

Running and Packages

Today was my first day running since I got sick about two weeks ago. My throat isn't completely clear, but it was long over due. What really makes me sad is I was at 13 minutes then and fractions of a second under 14 minutes now. It was quite a painful experience and I really hope that it is just because my muscles were feeling very weak today. Much like how I shaved off the minute at the beginning of the summer, I am hoping that the run today will give my legs the kick the need to get back into high gear.

I have been at a stand still with my weight because of this. I worry that I will not be able to meet my quota for when Joe comes home and at 180 now I have only a couple months to make my original anniversary goal. It is safe to say that my plans for making my goal sooner was a success, however I do not plan on officially changing it till I meet that date above the 140s. The important part right now is not letting myself give up and to keep running as close to every day as possible.

Another side note is that Joe still hasn't gotten his care package yet...and it has been about three weeks at least! I have heard of the stories of packages getting held up, but this is getting ridiculous. He has now gotten everyone's package but mine and the only one close is his grandmother's that he got today from June 27th, but that was sent to Oman and mine should have gone straight to him. My letters have been slacking too and I really just wonder what is going on with the package.

Regardless I am glad to be running again. I have accomplished a lot even though I really haven't done anything this week. I am having a very hard time motivating myself with my book project at home. I feel like anywhere else I would have no problems, there is just something about here that makes me have to push myself to get work done.

No comments: