Tonight is the last night on campus and I am both excited and sad to go home. At the moment I am most looking forward to my dentist appointment next week and Joe coming the week after. Never in my life did I think I would be glad for a dentist appointment, but I have spent the past three weeks terrified that my temporary fillings were going to give way, and now it is almost time to get the permanent fix.
However nothing compares to the excitement of finally seeing Joe. Sure this is also a sad moment, because I may not "see" him (on the computer) again for a few months, but nothing else seems to matter. I am a bit nervous that our time will be tinked away, as of now I have already lost a day, but I feel like I shouldn't worry. I just need to wait for the officials towards the beginning of next week!
On the job front, I still need to call the people I want to intern for. I should have done this today, but I keep getting caught up in finals week. I am going to have to call them either tomorrow or Wednesday. I am looking forward to the possibilities, but I really hope I don't have to work till after Joe leaves. I wont ask for this time off, but I will hope.
This is just so exciting! I am trying not to get too into the emotion because of Murphy's Law, and the joy of sleeping, but as each day passes I am getting more and more excited. We are going to have a lot of fun going on dates and I know the week ahead of me is going to fly by so quickly. I am looking forward to meeting him at the airport and we can go home and have a nice week together. My nerves are only in the time he is gone again, but I will push forward as I have these past four months.
A small goal for this time is the possibility of pushing my goals for the next couple weeks. Yesterday I weighed in at 180 (which is another mile stone!) and I was teetering the idea of pushing 170 for when Joe finally gets here. This will mean two weeks and ten pounds. A pretty reasonable goal.
In doing this I will have to actually diet for the first time since I have started running, but before I go to those drastic measures, I am going to drink off my water weight (which is normally around 10lbs). I am also deciding my home work out which may end up being a mile a day or a mile then walking city park on off days. This all will have a lot to do with how being at home works out for me. I hope for the best.
left behind
15 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment