Friday, August 14, 2009

Tired

Lately I have been very tired. I have pulled myself out of bed every morning with the empty promise to myself that I would be able to take a nap later on during the day.

As I said, this "nap" is an extreme empty promise. I never truly intend to take a nap, but it gets me out of bed. So far, I have spent two out of the past three days going to bed and "napping" only to wake up in the early hours of the morning. I have even set an alarm to avoid this tonight, however, I turned it off and rolled over in my exhaustion.

I really just think I am emotionally drained. There is a lot going on, along with my social fears of this upcoming weekend. I am not looking forward to the, close to, hour and a half drive to Joe's step-grandparent's house at the early morning on Saturday. It normally wouldn't be too much of a big deal, but my Uncle's birthday party is tomorrow, and the weekend is just full of parties and events...I am tired just thinking about it.

On top of all this, I have been crocheting Joe's Mom's baby shower gift and it is taking me forever...and I am sleeping through my crochet time! I still have about two more things of yarn left, and when you think about it, I started off with 11, so I guess that is good. My main goal is finishing...and hopefully working on that portrait of his Step-Aunt so it looks more finished and like the people.

Trying to see the bright part of these problems.
  • I have done well on my first Intermediate level crocheting piece....basically it is my first thing besides a granny square aftghan.
  • I am going to see Joseph this weekend!!!
  • I have been sleeping so much this week I should be fine this weekend and not tired while I drive. Also I can go to sleep early enough tomorrow and be ok for Sat. I plan to try and sleep 10 hours.
I am taking the new initiative to find at least one good thing out of all my situations. That way I am not such a Debbie Downer.....All I want out of this weekend is to come out without having a "sick occurance" from my anxieties.

No comments: