Saturday, May 30, 2009

Audio and Life

As of this afternoon, I have been titillating the idea of doing an audio blog. I have a feeling it will help me with my annunciation skills as well as my issues with talking. This issue is I would not know what to blog about. Here I just write down what is going on and it is over. If I try and do that with audio I will end up babbling like an idiot.

In other news I have not really been on the computer since I left school. I have been mostly cleaning my house and reading and I am becoming very pleased with what I have accomplished this year. Even though I have essentially failed a class and sucked royally at my classes I cannot ignore the fact that I have both improved as an artist and grown as a person.

I feel more comfortable with myself. I am happier. I actually almost feel motivated for the first time in my life, and this goes beyond the normal motivation. Though, I am still weary on weather or not this is because of my new realization that I can wear normal sized clothing again. I went to fashion bug today and they only had a pair of Bermuda shorts I liked in a 16, guess what, they fit almost perfectly! All I need to do is keep this up.

I also got my eyebrows done and my bangs cut. It seems as though, subconsciously I am getting in my New Year's resolutions that I thought I may have failed at. Everything is somehow just coming together. I am wondering if this has to do with my main resolution of not worrying so much about everything. Or if it is the fact that I had time on my own to get over what happened this semester and I pulled myself out of a hole to make myself better.

Whatever it is, I feel like cleaning my room and everything that I haven't felt like doing since 7th grade. I believe Kristen when she says I was probably in a depression that I had not even known about. I think I had to fully break before I could climb out of it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For a while I kept a private video blog. Here are some tips I used:

1. Set a strict time limit of either 5 or 3 minutes. This will give you plenty of time to talk about a range of topics without falling into a long-winded babble-fest.

2. Make a list of what you want to talk about every time you make a post. A weekly blog means that you'll have enough topics to stay interesting and enough options to weed out the boring stuff. Write down ideas for topics throughout the week and then gather them on a certain day (e.g., Sunday) to make a recording.

3. Speak slowly; don't rush. Don't be afraid of going over your time limit. In fact, expect it the first time you make the recording. Just watch that recording and think of ways you can be more concise, clear and interesting, while cutting back on tangents. Then re-record for a final copy.

Personally, I think having an audio blog is a great idea. Plus it gives you a routine during the summer, when many people forget what structure looks like. Start watching movies and reading books to fuel your blog with book and movie discussions. You could also invite "guest stars" to add some flavor every once and a while.

I'm so glad you're feeling awesome and hope life stays positive for you,
C.