I know for a fact this is my hormones speaking, but all I really want to do right now is cry. There is so much stress, as well as stress release in the finals ending. This has been one of my worse semesters ever, but at the same time it didn't go as badly as I would imagine. On one hand I was sick, I ruined my GPA and I really wish I could just do it over. On the other hand, I have learned many things and feel as if the long run will bring me much promise because of this. On top of everything else, I am going to miss all my friends from school...I will just focus on when I will see them again, because that is really all I have.
This semester would have been a lot easier if yesterday I wasn't told that I am getting a D- in Typography. This grade is stressful and to be honest, a load of bull. I am being deduced for classes that I went to and for some reason have been marked absent for and I received grades that I don't feel I deserved. My teacher basically beat the crap out of my designing abilities and I have finally passed the stage of wondering if she was right and am now working forward to pulling everything back together.
To start, I am going to go see my old Graphic Design teacher from high school; with portfolio in hand. I think, at the moment, she is the one I need to see about this. I hold Mrs Gartner in high regards to design, she will help me no matter what. I have no idea what to say or do. I have no idea about the grades in my other classes....this semester I will hold in my mind and work from, I just hope I am not too far behind.
When you get less than a C in UMass, you cannot move forward in the next level of design. I am hopping that I can still stay on track and get signed up for type three and just take type two over again. There is really nothing I can do about her grading me, right now it is my word on hers and I have already talked to her, she is not going to help...
On top of it...wonderful girl times are making all these emotions more intense than they need to be, so tomorrow...super midol and going to all the things I need to do.
Good news being, my type three teacher is my adviser as well as the head of design....so I may be ok....I just need to get over this..............
left behind
15 years ago

1 comment:
Oh, Kitty. I'm so sorry that this semester was difficult for you. Visiting Mrs. Gartner will help I'm sure. You just need to get your confidence back so that you can display your true abilities when you aren't being thwarted by sickness and stress. I know it hurts but don't let the troubles of this semester haunt you next semester. It is what it is; let next year be something better.
C.
Post a Comment