Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Beating Myself Up

My whole life has been spent beating myself up over things from small to large. Because of this, I have found my attention both hindered and amplified, but I wonder which one is actually happening.

When I sit and worry about these problems I know that I am going to stay on top of them, and with my new resolution for this year (which was staying less stressed) I have found that it is a bit easier to deal with this. However, the worrying also keeps me from being able to focus on other things and I either procrastinate or be caught up in all the things that could happen.

I have acknowledged that this is a problem, but now what do I do for the solution?

I know a part of me likes to keep this habit, I fear that in changing my view on this I could potentially lose all my focus and that would lead to my downfall. At the same time, I know that I can do anything I put my mind to, and in that, I can stay focused with out all of this added stress. In fact, all the things that I have been able to let go I have done better on because I was no longer wasting time worrying...

Alas, I will figure out my solution soon enough...I would really like to come up with it by the end of the week, but no pressure on my self. I have too many other things to finish by then...

No comments: