It is amazing how much a letter can keep you in a good mood. I was starting to feel a bit iffy until I received a letter from Joe on Sunday. It didn't say much, but all that it said was good and made me feel so much better about life in general. He is one of the best worded people I know, coming from someone who has trouble expressing themselves via words (I really am more of a visual person, hence my use of imagery) but his are so simple, yet perfect.
I think that If I was ever asked what an important thing for deployment would be, I would say that it is the letters. I know Joe and I talk almost every day on skype and can give emails, but the letter seems to mean so much more. He wrote it and he had to think about each letter as he drew it out. He touched it, he sealed it...there is just more thought and tactile bits. It is also hard to believe how far we have come. This deployment I had wanted to be an opportunity for growth and I think we achieved that. Also, we are almost in September and time is really coasting by. I feel like next thing I know, I will be hugging Joseph again and these screens wont be between us anymore.
There is a surreal part about the skype calls that must be noted. When Joe is around it is strange because I am so use to seeing him and holding back things like touching his hand, and just being near him...it gets strange to really be around him. Suddenly it is real and I feel as though I am dreaming sometimes. I get so use to having to remember it is strange to not have to and the experience is new again.
I look forward to this time, because he will be home.
left behind
15 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment