Today went by much easier than I had originally expected it to. I didn't expect it to be difficult, but I did think it would be a bit more awkward than it was.
I went up to Dudham and was 10 minutes late, but it didn't matter too much because I believe we have an excuse because we were coming from RI. I called up Joe when we got there, but changed my mind after a few rings because, of course we were in the right spot. He called back and I was like "We're here..." and then he came out and I brought him his jacket that he left at my house last time he was over. (He was grateful for this because he was cold.)
Once I got there, I finally met his brother and sister. His mom and step dad, I never formally met, but technically I know them now... Kristen and I were on kichen duty and spent the whole time scrubbing things down. This was the best job for me because I love scrubbing! I had cleaned so many walls, doors, and shelves. I think this was also a great choice for Mike (Joe's brother) to do his Eagle Scout project because the VFW place had literally not been cleaned in YEARS!
Even though it was a lot of work, I had a lot of fun and am very glad I went. The only issue I had faced was hives because I was clearly allergic to something there...I just brushed it off and carried on my day. We ended up leaving at 4 because everything was done early, but before this happened.....
I had made plans with Joe to come for my birthday!!! This is extremely exciting and this could possibly be my best birthday EVER. Last year had that potential but my mom was being really mean to me that year... because Joe is coming on Monday and not today is also keeping my mom really nice to me and that is exciting. Most importantly I am going to see my boyfriend on my birthday! All I need to do is figure out for how long.
left behind
15 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment